Who should take this training?
This course is for design/build & construction professionals who are concerned about moisture control, air sealing, thermal bridging, healthy indoor air, durability, resiliency, and affordability of high-performance.
Become a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson.
- limit liability & increase credibility
- avoid hidden mold & condensation
- exceed IECC air leakage requirements
- learn best practices & building science
Join us in-person or learn Passive House construction on your own time in an online Crew
By joining one of our “Crews,” you can learn about the most advanced construction standard in the world, and how to implement passive and net zero principles in your projects. You’ll learn everything necessary to become a Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) through the International Passivhaus Institute (PHI). In-person Crews are subject to local COVID19 restriction, but right now – for NO EXTRA COST – we are now offering 7 weekly online Q&A sessions with an Emu instructor as part of our online Crews! Open to all tradespeople and project team members with working knowledge of construction.
Sign up for Training
Each crew gives you one year access to our self-paced, on-demand CPHT exam prep course. In addition, there are seven weekly, online, Q&A sessions designed to accompany the on-demand CPHT course.
The first date for each crew coincides with Orientation Day Kick-Off, and the units and exam take up the 7 weeks after orientation.
- Orientation Day Kick-Off
- Unit 1: Passive House Basic
- Unit 2: Passive House Economics
- Unit 3: Thermal Insulation & Thermal Mass
- Unit 4: Thermal Bridges
- Unit 5: Windows & Transparent Components
- Unit 6: Existing Buildings
- Unit 7: Air Tightness & Moisture Management
- Unit 8: Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery
- Unit 9: Efficient Heating, Cooling, & Domestic Hot Water
- Unit 10: Quality Assurance + Exam Prep
- Sample Exam Questions
- Course Evaluation