Are you ready to begin your accredited on-demand training for the construction site implementation of the Passive House standard? If so, enrolling in Emu's CPHT Autumn Crew means that you get
Are you ready to begin your accredited on-demand training for the construction site implementation of the Passive House standard?
If so, enrolling in Emu’s CPHT Autumn Crew means that you get on-demand access to our rigorous CPHT course content for one year, where you can learn all about CPHT at your own pace. In addition to the online learning, our new quarterly “Crews” grant you access to 7 weekly live online Q&A sessions with one of our expert trainers. If online learning is your preference, the weekly Q&A included in our Crews is an added bonus at NO COST vs. our in person training.
Who should take this training?
This course is for design/build & construction professionals who are concerned about moisture control, air sealing, thermal bridging, healthy indoor air, durability, resiliency, and affordability of high-performance. Additionally, CPHT training (online via a Crew or in person) is required before you can take part in the Passive Pod Workshop.
Become a PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson.
- limit liability & increase credibility
- avoid hidden mold & condensation
- exceed IECC air leakage requirements
- learn best practices & building science
Learn about the most advanced construction standard in the world, how to implement passive and net zero principles in your projects, and everything necessary to become a Certified Passive House Tradesperson (CPHT) through the International Passivhaus Institute (PHI). Open to all tradespeople and project team members with working knowledge of construction.
This online course is self-paced, typically 1-2 hours per unit. You can dive in head first and get through it as quick as you’d like, or you can wait until the Crew Orientation Day for instruction and guidance. However, if you like more interaction, you can also utilize the weekly online Live Crew Q&A Sessions to pace yourself through the course. Each Q&A session is a 1 hour Zoom call that begins at 4pm MST each Thursday from Orientation Day through Unit 9. Reminders are sent out one week prior to each Q&A Session, so you don’t have to worry about missing them!
- Thursday, September 17th – deadline to enroll
- Thursday, September 24th – Orientation Day Kick-Off
- Thursday, October 1st – Unit 1: Passive House Basics & Unit 2: Passive House Economics
- Thursday, October 8th – Unit 3: Thermal Insulation & Thermal Mass & Unit 4: Thermal Bridges
- Thursday, October 15th – Unit 5: Windows & Transparent Components & Unit 6: Existing Buildings
- Thursday, October 22nd – Unit 7: Air Tightness & Moisture Management
- Thursday, October 29th – Unit 8: Mechanical Ventilation with Heat Recovery & Unit 9: Efficient Heating, Cooling, & Domestic Hot Water
- Thursday, November 5th – Quiz: Quality Assurance Exercise & Sample Exam Questions
All Day (Thursday) MST