Apply your Passive House classroom education to Emu's unique hands-on Passive Pod Workshop - with a focus on connecting research to reality. Builders learn by
Apply your Passive House classroom education to Emu’s unique hands-on Passive Pod Workshop – with a focus on connecting research to reality.
Builders learn by doing. A textbook and slide deck only go so far. At Emu, we’ve spent years developing a proprietary instruction tool – the Emu Passive Pod – that allows our student builders to get their hands on the products and methods we discuss in class, with the support of research-backed advanced building science. Instead of the restrictive case study that one mockup or product demo can show, the pods are designed to integrate with the learning objectives in our brand-neutral course.
Students in the Passive Pod Workshops will get to:
- simulate job roles of an integrated design/build team necessary for high-performance goals
- install a Passive House certified window and learn about what makes it different
- try out different kinds of insulation, membranes, and tapes – all donated, never sponsor-driven
- mitigate tricky thermal bridges that you may see in existing building retrofits
- You already have a professional Passive House accreditation (any standard).
- You have already attended an Emu CPHT course.
- You are currently enrolled in Emu’s online CPHT training platform*.
* You my register for this workshop if you are concurrently enrolled in an online CPHT course, but you must complete the coursework before attending the in-person workshop.
november 12 (Thursday) - 13 (Friday) MST