Co-Founder + CEO
Meet Mariana. She’s a Co-Founder of Emu. Learn why…
Hey, Mariana, why Passive?
Why not just build better?
Because what does “build better” mean, really? Everyone knows what building “to code” means. And everyone has ideas about how to improve upon code and build in better ways. But, as far as I am aware, the Passive standard is the most stringent codified, performance-based set of criteria – actual metrics to which someone can model a project. Also… it does NOT cost a fortune to certify (wink). I am passionate about training builders because they have a heavy burden to bear and a potentially exponential impact on the future of this planet. To that end, Passive is my internal benchmark, not my religion. Our climate action goals, as a community, will not be met with incremental progress. And Passive level standards are proven to be attainable and affordable. Thumbing your nose at well-researched building standards is in line with climate change skepticism. I have spoken. 😉
Mariana Pickering, Co-Founder of Emu Systems, is a recovering architect and an expert in communicating the construction industry’s movement towards a better understanding of building science and sustainability. With over a decade of work on high-performance projects and products across three continents, she is passionate about translating data, results, and needs into stories that help shift the cultures and mentalities of building professionals towards change. She manages strategic partnerships and the licensing of Emu’s CPHT curriculum, has worked on the Presidential Climate Action Plan, was a founding member of Passive House Rocky Mountains, was the 2018-19 elected Chair of the Denver Chapter of the Colorado Renewable Energy Society, and organizes the Colorado Passive House Happy Hour.
- 2008 Master of Design Science in Sustainable Design
University of Sydney, Australia
- 2004 Bachelor of Arts in Architecture
Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- 2003 Semester program at Royal Danish Academy of Architecture
DIS Program, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2003 Summer program at Santa Reparata School of Arts (Florence, Italy)
- 2000 Primary education at The Hockaday School (Dallas, Texas, USA)
- PHI Certified Passive House Tradesperson
- Accredited LEED AP BD+C via USGBC
- Board of Directors member for Colorado Renewable Energy Society
- 2018-19 Chair of Metro Denver Chapter of CO Renewable Energy Society
- Co-Founder of Passive House Rocky Mountains
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.