Want to #RunWildBuildPassive with us?
We’re always on the lookout for folks who can jump right in and make themselves useful. Check below for current job openings. If there are no specific positions listed, just get in touch below and tell us why we need you!
Full Job Description
As an Architectural Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your technical skills to a wide range of Passive House projects located in different climate zones, as well as contribute to making a positive impact on the mainstream construction industry.
This includes delivering the state of the art climate-specific construction detailing to achieve healthy, durable, and efficient buildings, with the building science backing of the international Passive House standard. The ideal candidate is someone who strives in an informal or casual team, yet with a very structured process and procedure for the work flow. This person has a deep passion for learning and implementing advanced building science to the no-nonsense world of construction. Bring your passion, common sense, and unbendable desire to make the world a better place to one of the fastest growing leaders of American Passive House landscape.
Emu is based in Arvada, Colorado. Local applicants preferred, but remote is possible for the right candidate. Please email your resume/CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
In your role, you will:
- contribute to developing Passive House energy modeling at early design stages
- lead the implementation of Passive House goals and requirements in CD/CA stages
- design Passive House construction systems while coordinating with project Passive House Consultants
- coordinate with video artists about video instructions for builders and contractors
- serve as primary interface with to project architects and other design team members
- contribute to Emu’s company culture growth by participating in internal training effort and team-building events
- support the growth of the Passive House ecosystem by participating in local initiatives
Apply if you have:
- bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in architectural engineering related implementation
- 2+ years of experience in CD-related positions
- experience in developing construction detail drawings at CD stage
- knowledge of mainstream construction methods in residential projects
- ability to work remotely, with planned training and review remote team meetings
Even better if you have:
- on-site experience (we like hands that get dirty)
- introductory knowledge of Archicad and Sketchup
- flexible attitude
Starting with just a couple of projects in Cavriago, Italy in 2009, we have invested a lot of time and heart into our company. We are constantly challenging ourselves to learn about new building science, design + construction methods, and innovative products.
We believe in the widely used maxim, ‘think globally, act locally’ an idea which we hope to bring to our practice through the study of international and local environmental and architectural conditions.
As such, we have been able to grow our client base, our platform of knowledge, and our international experience. We opened an office in Denver, CO, USA, in 2016, and we are constantly growing and changing with this complicated and exciting industry.
Our mission is to close the gap between mainstream construction practices and advanced, proven building science, and to empower our industry to build for the future and for resiliency through builder training and simple, standard, Passive systems.
We believe that building comfortable, healthy, and efficient buildings should be THE way the world builds.
General job inquiries:
For specific positions, please see instructions listed in the position description.